Position Summary: The Resource Development (RD) Assistant will primarily provide a leadership role in the management of the donor stewardship journey in order to achieve individual, department and company goals. Additionally, the RD Assistant will provide support to the Vice President of Resource Development in all areas related to implementing and supporting the fundraising initiatives and goals for United Way. United Way professionals should exhibit core competencies: mission-focused, relationship-oriented, collaborator, results-driven, and brand-steward.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Drives Revenue & Impact
Strategic Relationship Building
- Resident expert on customer relationship management system (CRM)/communications platform.
- Run reports as requested on behalf of the Vice President of Resource Development which will enhance knowledge of donor base for effective communications.
- Utilize CRM to review accounts and to process pledge transactions with a high level accuracy and speed.
- Identify and write up adjustments to donor accounts as needed.
- Maintain an organized filing system of donor pledge cards and payment documentation.
- Responsible for carrying out all phases of the communication plan with donors for enhanced stewardship.
- Through timely communications is able to connect donors’ and prospects’ areas of interest directly to United Way’s work and inspire commitment and support for United Way.
- Utilizing our CRM/communications platform, practice effective stewardship by thanking donors, informing them about the impact of their gifts, and keeping them apprised of progress on Community Impact work.
- Work effectively with other departments to achieve United Way goals and communicate to various stakeholders.
Effective & Engaging Communicator
Embracing & Managing Change
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively present the United Way message to businesses, employees, and the community.
- Provide excellent customer service and problem resolution to both internal and external constituents.
Entrepreneurial & Innovative
- Effectively work with the Vice President of Resource Development, UW Board members, and Campaign Cabinet to implement new and creative strategies for workplace campaigns to support United Way goals.
- Work with UW, the Resource Development Team and Community Impact Team to engage donors as volunteers through effective communications as part of the stewardship journey.
This job description reflects the general duties assigned to the Resource Development Assistant, however, other duties may be assigned based upon needs that may arise within the organization and fall within the scope of the Resource Development Department.
- Collaborate with other United Ways and the local community to meet organizational goals through special events (including but not limited to race parking) and affinity groups (including but not limited to Power of the Purse events.)
Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:
Work is carried out in a controlled, agreeable environment as generally represented by normal office conditions. Employees may be required to assist with or attend various offsite events related to programs or fund raising that are scheduled evenings and/or weekends. These events may require several hours on your feet and assisting with heavy lifting and carrying.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in database management, preferably in a non-profit organization.
- Associate degree in business, accounting or database management an advantage.
- Excellent computer and data entry skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Team player with the ability to work with UWVF senior management to achieve organizational goals.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation skills.
- High degree of professional integrity to deal ethically with confidential information.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have use of insured motor vehicle.