Human Resources Manager
Chief People Officer (CPO)
This position is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the human resources functions for the local plant. This entails following Company human resources practices and proper documentation of many HR related items when ensuring compliance with policies, programs, practices, and local laws; managing staffing needs; recruiting; training; personnel files; employee relations; and benefits administration. This role represents a business partner relationship with both employees and the production management team.
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Supports all functional departments with respect to personnel policies and practices as well as developing positive employee relations and employee goodwill.
2. Aligns the human resources functions as a supporting business partner to production management in accordance with business needs. This includes but is not limited to compensation, performance management, recruiting, training, compliance, and employee relations.
3. Helps develop goals for the local human resources department based on both local plant and Company goals. Identifies action steps to achieve these goals, as necessary.
4. Provides front-line, day-to-day expertise in human resources to managers and employees at the local site. Ensures compliance with the policies by reviewing and interpreting employee policies and provides coaching and guidance to local managers and supervisors on best practices.
5. Oversees and coordinates with management all local aspects of recruiting: posting of vacant positions, screening and interviewing candidates, selection, and new hire orientations. Utilizes the Corporate Recruiter as needed to ensure open positions are filled in a timely manner. Represents the Company at community and recruiting events as needed.
6. Ensures that new employee paperwork is completed accurately and provided to payroll in a timely manner.
7. Addresses employee relations issues and promptly investigates any allegations such as harassment, work complaints, or other employee concerns while properly documenting activities.
8. Oversees annual and ongoing training programs such as new hire orientation, and HR related required trainings. Works with the site Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator to ensure safety training is completed as required. Works with the site Department leaders to ensure on-the-job training is completed as required. Tracks all training records for the facility.
9. Manages the performance review process to ensure that reviews are processed timely, honestly, and appropriately. Provides guidance to managers and supervisors about setting expectations and providing ongoing feedback, both positive and constructive.
10. Works closely with managers and supervisors with processing changes in personnel within established guidelines and requests authorization for exceptions. This may include promotions, changes in salary or other compensation, change in shift or position, etc.
11. Provides guidance and assistance on all employee corrective actions, discipline and terminations; conducts exit interviews and makes recommendations for improvements as appropriate.
12. Ensures all data is maintained accurately and submits reports as requested by management and/or government agencies.
13. Provides reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of department and services performed.
14. Consults the Chief People Officer if/when the need for legal counsel is necessary.
15. Establishes a networking relationship with local HR group for both technical knowledge and personal development of the HR profession.
16. Works with the Environmental, Health and Safety Coordinator in regard to WC administration. Back up claims filing when EHS Coordinator is out.
17. Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year